Sunday, June 5, 2011

Why Jarad is My Soulmate

No, this is not a mushy list of reasons such as how he makes me laugh when I am upset or how he is supportive and caring. He does those things, too. However, these are just a few of the events, quotes, and things that happen on a daily basis that truly lead me to believe that we are perfect for each other.

1. He has loved me through thin and thick, salads and ice cream, flat abs, flabby thighs, and that period of time freshman year of college where I had linebacker shoulders and could easily whip his ass.

2. He calls me on my B.S. I tend to be exaggerate, blow things out of proportion, and generally just be full of shit. He does not care to call me out and keep my crazy self in check.

3. He will engage in an hour long pinching war in a sports store, complete with running, screaming, throwing balls at each other, as well as putting on boxing gloves and hitting each other. Yes, we are both in our twenties and college graduates.

4. In the 7 years we have been together, when we are in the car together, he ALWAYS has one of the two country radio stations on. Regardless of whose car we are in and without being asked. The only exception is Rascall Flatts and Taylor Swift, there is only so much a man can take.

5. He FINALLY admitted that I was a better athlete in high school.

6. He calls me by the ridiculous nickname of "Squirrel" or when I am moving slow he combine the squirell with turtle thus resulting in "Squirtle" He even calls me this when he is mad.

7. We took a day trip as part of our honeymoon to go to "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter"

8. He knows that I cannot remember anything. Therefore, he always checks to make sure the oven is off after I have cooked, the doors are locked at night, that I didn't leave clothes in washing machine, and pays the electric bill.

9. And despite the fact that I have both poured milk and gatorade on him, when this morning I threatened to pour a glass of milk over his head if he didn't quit touching me, he replied with "Ha! Like that hasn't happened before."

I know this has made me out to seem like a liquid pouring bi-atch. So, I feel the need to throw
in that I will yell at someone and stand up for him when his extreme niceness prevents him from doing so, and I am the one who ripped up a test and threw it in the trash can during high school math in protest of the unfair material because I knew he didn't know how to do it.

So, along with all of the mushy stuff, there is the great thing of having completely opposite personalities that happen to go together perfectly well. Cause there can't be two crazies in the same marriage ya know.

No comments:

Post a Comment